When we come home or invite guests, we want to have the comfort and the decor pleasing to the eye.Well, what’s really there, to make our guests said, “Wow, you are great!” And this does not necessarily invite a designer. After all, knowing the basic rules, you can create beautiful, stylish and comfortable interior for yourself.
1. Decide the destination of the room
The first thing is to understand what you will serve this room. No expensive repairs or furniture will make the home comfortable for living, if its design is poorly laid out. Where to start:
- Consider your lifestyle and habits of the family, the daily routine and activities.
- List and write down those facilities that you need. Sometimes just a slight change in layout you can add, for example, a dressing room or office.
- Think about which areas can be combined (kitchen-dining room, bedroom-dressing room and so on).
- Draw a floor plan and place it on the furniture to find the best option.
2. Consider the mood and character
Before settling, consider what mood you want to create in this room and how in it to feel relaxed or energetic. It is important to note – this location will be only for you, or you want to impress guests.
- Think about colour schemes – neutral or bright.
- What are the materials and textures – warm and natural, or artificial and smooth surfaces.
- Use the contrast of scale – that is, large and small items. This will help to avoid monotony and create a stimulating effect. Most importantly, they must unite (shape, color, texture).
3. Symmetry and balance for harmony
If you have an asymmetrical room, you have two choices to make it look good: try to create a false sense of symmetry or to focus on the asymmetry, stressing this feature of the room.
- Locate the Central focal point in the room (e.g. a fireplace, a picture window) and build the interior symmetrically with respect to it.
- Use the vertical line that visually extends the space upwards.
- Add one of the parties caveat. That is, first create symmetry and then gently break.
4. Color and texture are always together
They consider inseparable from each other, because one influences the perception of another.
- Cool colors good for warm seaside districts. In the Northern city or even in the Northern room they are likely to look very dull.
- Warm colors create a feeling that the room is a few degrees warmer.
- Bright colors are not appropriate for bathrooms and bedrooms. They are best used in rooms where we don’t spend a lot of time.
- When used in the interior of one dominant color it is important to vary the texture to avoid monotony.
5. Lighting is the most sensitive element of interior design
The right lighting reflects our mood and changes the atmosphere of the room. Light affects our emotions and thoughts. With lighting you can create anything you want.
- Maximum use of daylight, do not clutter the window.
- Use mirrors. They not only add light, but also visually enlarge the room.
- Artificial lighting creates the atmosphere, so use the whole Arsenal: ceiling lamps, wall lamps, floor lamps and even candles. This will give the room a finished look.
6. Details define the interior
It is everything that makes a house your home. Try to visualize the end result.
- Responsibly approach the choice of wardrobe. Note that the color and material will set the tone for the room.
- Between the different elements should be the connecting points. For example, a variety of pillows – the perfect way to combine all the colors and textures of the room in a single scheme.
- Window design is an important center of the room. It is better to choose a neutral color curtains, because the less likely it is that he will quickly get bored.
- Fabrics make the room more homely and cosy. Vintage shawl loop through Belize chair. Use bedcovers, quilts, pillows and blankets.
7. Surround yourself with those that you love
We are all creatures of habit, and often we find it difficult to part with things that cause certain emotions. And it is not necessary. As you do not always have to buy something new. It is more important to find a suitable place for what we love.
- Start with to free up all the walls and surfaces. Now place again, trying not to repeat what was before.
- Paintings or photographs in a frame that you really like should be the main subjects of your room. Lighting, color and furniture placement – all can be arranged around them.
- Do not hang paintings too high. They will look perfectly at eye level of a person of average height.
- Shelves are essential to the design, because not only help keep the house in order, but they are a natural place to put accessories.
- Fresh flowers have the ability to inspire. So they should be an integral part of the interior.